Mission and services offered
EXIAR, JSC is the first export agency ever founded in Russia. It insures export credits against commercial and political risks, along with insuring Russian investments abroad against political risks.
As for the projects of national scale, strategic importance, or those having a priority for the economy of the Russian Federation, it provides the security for the foreign contractors’ obligations by issuing independent guarantees as well as with the help of other instruments.
EXIAR works with the companies different in size and profile. Most clients/partners of the Agency fall into one of the following categories:
- Russian exporters (major industrial enterprises and corporations, small- and medium-sized enterprises);
- Russian and foreign financial organizations (credit institution, factor companies, lease finance providers, etc.);
- Foreign export credit agencies and private commercial credit insurers.
- EXIAR does not provide insurance coverage for crude oil, natural gas, and coal exports.
- As for the projects of national scale, strategic importance, or those having a priority for the economy of the Russian Federation, the insurance coverage may reach 100%
- EXIAR’s insurance liability is secured with a state guarantee of the Russian Federation amounting to $10 billion valid until December 31, 2032.
- As for the export projects, EXIAR can cover up to 95% of losses associated with political risks and up to 90% of losses associated with commercial risks.
EXIAR INSURANCE COVERS:
Business (commercial) risks:
- export credits against business (commercial) and political risks;
- Russian investments abroad against political risks.
- debtor’s or guarantor’s default of payment (insolvency, arrears);
- foreign contractor’s failure to perform its obligations for an insured export transaction.
- changes in legislation or governmental actions preventing a foreign debtor or guarantor from fulfilling its export transaction obligations;
- public debtor’s refusal to perform its export transaction obligations;
- public debtor’s (guarantor’s) inability or refusal to execute a judgement at law;
- ban on money conversion or transfer;
- force majeure circumstances (war, public unrest, natural disasters, etc.)
AGENCY’S STRATEGIC INITIATIVES:
- providing insurance support for the export of Russian goods and services;
- development of modern export funding system secured with the Agency insurance;
- insuring Russian investments abroad;
- providing support to the export-oriented SMEs;
- supporting the establishment of export-oriented production in the Russian Federation
- Supplier credit insurance;
- Short-term receivable insurance;
- Lease finance insurance.
- Insurance for Russian investments abroad
- Buyer credit insurance;
- Confirmed letter of credit insurance;
- Export factoring insurance;
- Insuring the credit for the exporter’s working capital financing;
- Insuring credits for the establishment of export-oriented production.