Russian Export Center and Partner Network intensify cooperation with a number of African countries
As part of the development of partnership relations and the service for searching the Russian suppliers at the foreign buyers’ request, REC JSC and Arabia-Expo LLC conducted negotiations with the importers and the officials of the Republic of Djibouti.
The negotiations were held within the framework of the official business mission to Djibouti. On the Russian part, Georgy Gvilava, Deputy General Director of Arabia-Expo LLC took part in the event.
Within the framework of the business mission, official meetings were held with:
1) Mr. Mohammed Ali Houmed, Chairman of the National Assembly of the Republic of Djibouti.
2) Mr. Mahmoud Ali Youssouf, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Djibouti.
3) Mr. Aboubaker Omar Hadi, Djibouti Ports and Free Zones Authority.
4) Mr. Youssouf Moussa Dawaleh, President of the Chamber of Commerce of the Republic of Djibouti.
5) Mr. Hassan Houmed Ibrahim, Minister of Trade of the Republic of Djibouti.
6) Mr. Yonis Ali Guedi, Minister of Energy of the Republic of Djibouti.
7) Mr. Ilyas Moussa Dawaleh, Minister of Economy and Finance of the Republic of Djibouti.
8) as well as with the business community.
In the course of negotiations, possible supplies of food (grain, sunflower oil, flour, water, as well as other consumer products), projects in the field of medical equipment, housing, and public utilities, as well as cooperation in the field of light industry and textiles were discussed. According to the negotiators, the total volume of transactions may exceed $200M.
“Cooperation with the REC Partner Network allows not only to help exporters in promoting their products to foreign markets but also to expand REC coverage. We are currently developing relations with the partners from Egypt, the Republic of the Congo, Nigeria, Ethiopia, and other countries of North and Sub-Saharan Africa. The African market is of interest to Russian exporters, and negotiations with Djibouti public authorities and business community allow establishing additional points of entry to the continent,” Dmitry Prokhorenko, Director for the development of the foreign network of REC JSC.
“As part of the visit to Djibouti, negotiations were held with the public authorities and business community. All the participants showed great interest in joint work, while the food industry aroused particular interest. Specifically, the President of the Assembly mentioned that the participants of the Russia-Africa Forum in Sochi had highly appreciated the quality of Russian food, and he said that he would like to have them in his country. The contribution of the Embassy of Djibouti in Russia to the success of the event was emphasized as well,” Georgy Gvilava, Deputy General Director of Arabia-EXPO.